• 1 whole chicken
• 1 scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 4 slices peeled ginger
• 6TBS olive oil
• 6 to 8 cloves garlic
• 4 cups long-grain rice
• 1TSP fine salt
• 3TBS lemon juice
• 2TBS chopped fresh red chilies
• 5 cloves garlic, chopped
Cooking time: 2 hours
Serving size: 4 people
- Make the Chicken and Rice: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the scallion and ginger. Add the chicken to the boiling water, breast side-down.
Lower the heat and cook, covered, until just cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to an ice water bath for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain. De-bone the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Reserve the chicken stock, and
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. add the rice and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, add enough hot reserved chicken soup to reach 1/2- inch above the top of the rice. Bring to the boil, add the salt, and lower the heat to low, cover, and steam until cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of the hot chicken stock into the chili sauce.
- Arrange the rice and poached chicken on a platter and drizzle with the chili sauce.